Find out more about E-Signature Software
What is E-Signature Software?
E-signature is an electronic method that helps an individual to show his agreement to the conditions and terms of an electronic service. It can also be used to confirm the identity of the message's creator. In this respect, digital signatures can be considered the same as stamped seals and handwritten signatures. In today’s business environment, digital signatures are used mostly in regulatory filings and e-commerce because they are considered to be highly secure. Many countries give the same legal importance and significance to e-signatures as they do to traditional ways of executing documents. We urge you to learn more about the features of the tools in this category – including PandaDoc which holds the top position among them.
Top 10 Most Popular E-Signature Software
How To Choose The Best E-Signature Software
Digital signature is a facilitating confirmation option, but also an online mechanism for trustworthy validation of critical information. Tracking and storing documents is way easier than signing folders in a dusty archive, while faking signatures becomes extremely difficult, if not impossible. The cream of the crop is that digital e-signing software for enterprises automates the workflow by providing a set of pre-made templates you can distribute instead of drafting special ones for every occasion. Besides, transition to paper-free business is a painless and smooth process, assuming you’ve chosen the best E-signature software that integrates with other apps and document-related services you’re using. That’s exactly what this guide is trying to help you achieve.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trials or demo or basic unpaid plans from popular e-signature software providers. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the important elements and you will get a good comparison of the capabilities of each app. The best thing to do is to try software tools that currently have the highest rankings in the SmartScore and Customer Satisfaction Rating in our e-signature software reviews: e-SignLive reviews, SkySignature, Nitro Cloud, GetAccept, Motiv, zipLogix Digital Ink, and Sign-n-Send or looks for some free electronic signature software to try out first.
E-signing of business documents is another digital transaction management service that has pushed its way to the tool kits of businesses from all scales and industries. Therefore, e-signing software programs can be useful to every company, in particular:
- Small companies that are wasting time signing paperwork. Saving time is the most flexible advantage of e-signature software platforms, mostly welcomed by small and starting businesses that need to simplify their contracting process and focus on more important tasks. At the same time, these programs are affordable, meaning that a limited-budget company doesn’t have to spend a fortune to sign papers fast and safely.
- Medium companies that could use better reputation. Even a well-suited one should think of engaging with a reliable provider for its further deals. SSL certified e-signing software provides the appropriate controls and safeguards that can make every brand more credible and reliable.
- Large companies with archiving problems. E-signature software can solve archiving problems too, as copies of e-signed documents are automatically saved in a database, easy to browse and to alter, and protected to the extent of complete exclusion of the need to keep paperwork.
What are Examples of E-Signature Software?
- Adobe eSign Services: A great enterprise solution that accelerates signing and managing documents, and integrates with a range of popular business systems.
- DocuSign: A digital signing platform suitable for small business and individuals, known by its capacity to accelerate ROI and by its powerful mobile optimization.
- e-SignLive: A smart product from an experienced e-signature service provider which can be used by businesses from all scales and industries.
- RightSignature: Offers a simple interface, but allows for typed and handwritten signatures. Its collection fields can be easily customized and shared via emails.
- EchoSign: This is another powerful Adobe product that accelerates contract signing by approximately 80%. It is very easy to use, and has a robust feature set.
Types of E-Signature Software
There are three basic types of e-signing software, varying from free open-source suites to ultra costly and accurate locally hosted ones. Features can also be categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but to offer digital signature, while others are more robust and they allow users to handwrite papers, type signatures, and even do some custom branding:
- On-premise e-signature programs. These are covered with a single license, and are hosted on the client’s local server. They qualify as the most expensive ones, due the fact that they require complex setup and occasionally some hardware installation.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) e-signature programs. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Open-source e-signature programs. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of E-Signature Software
The list of features of different e-signature systems varies significantly, but it is still possible to choose a few that are most vital for every business:
- Security. When e-signing documents, we’re actually transacting personal information online, which makes security an imperative feature for every e-signer. Information must be technically protected, and access must be secured with multi-approved privileges and proactive protection policies.
- Privacy. Even if the program is used by multiple employees at a time, each of them should rely on his right to reveal information selectively, and to do transactions discreetly.
- Compliance. Signing papers in a program must comply with industry policies, standards, laws, and regulations. Note that using one that doesn’t clearly comply with the requirements of your industry can have legal consequences, and you’re activating it at your own responsibility.
- Audit Trail. The function is vital for enforceability, and without it you’re very likely risking to sign papers in a non-reputable and non-reliable manner.
- Scalability. Most e-signature programs are designed to respond to multiple businesses and industries, right becasue fo scalability which allows them to accept increased volumes of documents without performance being obstructed.
Benefits of E-Signature Software
After in-depth comparisons, we found that these are the main benefits a good e-signature system can offer:
- Savings. You may be a fan of the good old ways, but your options are getting tighter: you can either go with the flow, or continue paying senseless amounts to keep paper-based business alive! Scanning, printing, and couriering documents can be haunting for the budget of large corporations, and waste precious time chasing signers around the office.
- Better user-experience. Customers are neither indifferent to digital signing, nor would they refuse such a facilitating service as doing business online. You’re relieving them big time by eliminating the need to download, install, or print stuff, and you give them a real-time chance to sign papers from private homes, hiking excursions, subways, or while waiting for the traffic light to change.
- Upgraded Security. Summing up, you’re finally showing some actual will to upgrade document security, which is among the best things you can do for the sake of your reputation. Customers no longer trust safety locks and cabinets, but digital evidence with tamper-evident seals which notify them over every altering in the content/lifecycle of that document. In fact, most digital signature providers keep track of who is downloading that document, something you would never know doing stuff the traditional way.
List of E-Signature Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our platform utilizes our unique SmartScore™ algorithm to evaluate all the software in the E-Signature Software category to help you choose the best possible app. It analyzes the following aspects: essential modules, collaboration features, custom elements, integrations with other services, simplicity, help & support, how secure a software is, support for smartphones and tablets, scores in other media. At the moment, PandaDoc is the leader in this category and our experts are really satisfied with it. After extensive research and analysis it got the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the solutions for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A summary of total user satisfaction with the software in our E-Signature Software category calculated using our unique algorythm that finds user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media sites to help you make an informed purchase choice.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the E-Signature Software category will have a different set of pricing plans for its service and each package will include a unique group of features. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable plan provided for each app. Keep in mind that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B services in the E-Signature Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Learn what languages and geographies are supported by the popular B2B apps in the E-Signature Software category, including apps intended for international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Learn which pricing models are provided by the vendors in the E-Signature Software category to see which one fits your business requirements and expenses best. Keep in mind that some software can provide free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of which kinds of companies a given B2B software in the E-Signature Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what styles of service deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the E-Signature Software category. Even though most of modern SaaS services are cloud-hosted certain solutions may offer an on-site deployment model too.